What type of payment methods do you accept?
- Bill Payment-Bill pay is currently available for clients of: RBC, Bank of Nova Scotia, BMO, Alberta Treasury Branch, and Credit Unions under the Central1 Umbrella (BC and Ontario). Just search the Payee Name: Border Gold and use your 6 Digit account number assigned by BGC.
- Interact E-Transfers are accepted from all Canadian banks only in Canadian Dollars. There is a $2000 Maximum on all Interact E-Transfers. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask security question: What is your account number? Your answer should be your 6 Digit Number assigned by BGC
- Credit Cards (Online Orders Only) - BGC accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. All credit card transactions must be verified with a valid piece of government-issued ID before orders are processed and shipped.
- Bank Drafts/Money Order/Cashiers Check – BGC accepts bank drafts issued by any major Canadian or US bank. BGC reserves the right to verify all bank drafts provided as payment. BGC also accepts USPS or Canada Post money orders. Please be sure to include the contact information of the issuing bank to facilitate any verification processes that may be deemed necessary, particularly if making payment in person and taking immediate delivery of the product is required.
- Personal/Company Cheques -If the cheques are drawn from a Canadian financial institution, they are held for a minimum of 7 business days for clearance. If cheques are drawn from a US financial institution, they are held for a minimum of 10 business days for clearance. BGC does not accept cheques drawn from other foreign institutions.
- Bank Wires – BGC accepts bank wires from any financial institution. Please contact us for further details on arranging for wire payments.
- Cash (At our Retail Location outside of Vancouver) – If cash purchases exceed $10,000 CAD, a large cash declaration form must be completed as per regulations of FINTRAC, the government agency that monitors Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Canada.
- Debit (At our Retail Location outside of Vancouver) – Note that debit cards have a daily transaction limit; please ensure your limit is above your payment requirements.
How can I sell gold and other precious metals to Border Gold Corp.?
- Clients can call to place an order and arrange to either deliver the metals in person or ship them to us. Shipping can be arranged through the client’s own means or through BGC’s secure and insured service. Cost will vary based on the weight and value of the items sold. For more information, please refer to our services section.
What currencies do you accept and issue for payment?
- BGC accepts and issues Canadian and US dollars only.
How do I establish the prices for gold and silver and make arrangements to buy a product?
- Our prices page displays the current rates, which are updated live to reflect current market conditions. Clients may call to place an order to buy and lock in a specific price and quantity or ordering online. When locking in a price, both parties agree to execute at the market price at the time the order is placed.
- By locking in the price, clients agree to pay that price regardless of any changes to the price of the product thereafter. Clients can arrange for delivery, pick up in-store, or transfer to storage. Clients must immediately arrange for payment and delivery to BGC via any of our acceptable payment methods.
- Alternatively, if based in Vancouver, clients are invited to visit our retail location and transact based on the live price at the time. Further arrangements may be made for delivery and storage options.
How do I establish the prices of gold and silver when I'm looking to sell a product?
- Our prices page displays the current rates, which are updated live to reflect current market conditions. Clients may call to place an order to sell and lock in a specific price and quantity. By locking in the price, clients agree to sell at that price regardless of any changes to the price of the product thereafter.
- For sell orders placed over the phone, clients must lock in the price and quantity and either deliver the product in person (the Client or a representative) or ship the product to BGC. If necessary, BGC can provide an expedited and insured shipping service to our location. Cost for this varies depending on the weight and value of the products sold. Please contact us for further details. Regardless of which method of delivery is chosen, items must arrive at BGC within 3 business days from time of order.
What type of payment methods do you issue?
- Cash (In Store Only – Greater Vancouver location)
- Cheques– BGC can issue a company cheque which can be received in store, mailed to the client, or deposited to a client account with select Canadian banking institutions.
- Bank Wire – For payments to any major US or Canadian Banking Institution. Please be advised that BGC will deduct from the total payment the wire fee charged by our bank. A fee that a client is charged for receiving a wire depends on what they have negotiated with their bank.
Do I have to pay any sales tax or GST / HST?
- There is no sales tax on pure gold, silver, or platinum. In particular, if the purity of the coin is greater than 0.995, then it is exempt from sales tax.
Does BGC provide gold storage services?
- BGC does provide and can arrange storage for their customers. For more information, click here.